Aloe Vera is loaded with antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, and amino acids that help tackle several skin concerns. Out of the many skin problems, aloe vera is touted to be an effective natural remedy to cure acne and dark spots.
Read on to learn more about the simple ways in which you can use aloe vera for acne.
How Aloe Vera Is Good For Acne & Pimples?
Aloe vera is good for pimples due to its antibacterial and antimicrobial abilities that fight the acne-causing bacteria on the epidermal layers of the face. The presence of salicylic acid in it helps control oil secretion for excessive oily and acne-prone skin types. These benefits of aloe vera for skin prevents clogging of pores and blackheads. Loaded with vitamins A, C, and E – aloe vera also promotes cell turnover and soothes inflamed skin due to acne.
Different Ways to Use Aloe Vera for Acne
So, are you ready to use aloe vera gel for acne? Here are some of the easiest DIY remedies you can make using aloe vera to get rid of pimples or acne:
1. Aloe Vera With Lemon Juice
Aloe vera gel and lemon juice make a great concoction. The vitamin C, minerals and other antioxidants contained in this mix are quite helpful in healing acne. It helps balance sebum levels in the skin, mildly exfoliates the pores, and removes skin buildup to prevent the chances of future acne.
- How to Apply: Take 1 tbsp of lemon juice and add 1 tbsp of pure aloe vera gel for pimples to disappear. Apply the mixture as a face mask. Leave it for 15 minutes and then rinse off with cool water. Repeat the process 2 times a week until you see visible results.
2. Aloe Vera, Honey and Turmeric
Both aloe vera and turmeric have excellent antibacterial and antiseptic properties to perk up bacteria, dead skin cells, and debris from the pores. Honey has a natural tendency to moisturise the skin, soothe inflammation, and calm redness. The combination of these two works as a great remedy to get rid of acne, pimple marks or blemishes.
- How to Apply: Take 1 tbsp of aloe vera gel, 1 tbsp of honey and ½ tbsp of turmeric powder. Mix all three ingredients into a smooth paste. Apply it as a face mask. Let it dry for 15 minutes. Rinse it off with cool water and pat dry your face. Use this mask 1-2 times a week for best results.
3. Aloe Vera, Green Tea and Cucumber
Aloe vera and green tea are loaded with antioxidants and vitamin C which are the pivotal elements to purify the pores and combat acne. Cucumber is enriched with moisturising agents and minerals to heal inflammation and redness caused by acne.
- How to Apply: Take 1 tbsp of pure aloe vera gel for acne. Soak 1-2 green tea bags in warm water and empty them into the bowl. Add 1-2 tbsp of cucumber juice to the mixture. Use it as a face scrub to massage it into your skin for 3-4 minutes and then wash it off with cool water. Repeat the process 1-2 times a week.
4. Aloe Vera With Tea Tree Oil
Anecdotal evidence suggests that aloe vera and tea tree oil have been very effective in reducing acne, scars or pigmentation. Both of these ingredients have antibacterial properties to fight acne-causing bacteria, fade out dark spots, and balance sebum levels thereby helping you get rid of acne permanently.
- How to Apply: Take 1 tbsp of tea tree oil for your face. Add 1 tbsp of the best aloe vera gel for pimples to it. Mix it well. Apply it every alternate day before bedtime. Allow it to stay overnight and then wash your face in the morning.
5. Aloe Vera, Coconut Oil and Sugar Scrub
Aloe vera and coconut oil have skin soothing, antimicrobial, and cleansing properties to slough off dead skin cells, control excess oil production and remove pimple-causing bacteria. Sugar helps effectively exfoliate the pores without drying out the skin.
- How to Apply: Take 1 tbsp of coconut oil and aloe vera gel in a small bowl. Add ½ sugar to it. Mix it well to form a face scrub and massage it in small circular motions for 2-3 minutes. Use a moist face towel to wipe out your face.
Organic Harvest Aloe Vera Gel For Acne Prone Skin
Organic Harvest brings you an exclusive range of aloe vera gel for face. These aloe vera gels are specially curated with acne-fighting ingredients like neem, cucumber, saffron and so on. Here’s more information on these heroic products:
1. Organic Aloe Vera Gel With Saffron Extract
Organic Aloe Vera Gel With Saffron Extracts helps fight acne and also deeply moisturises the skin. Made with pure aloe vera leaf extracts along with coconut oil and saffron extracts; it helps remove dark spots, dullness and blemishes. It is one of the best aloe vera for acne scars and pimples.
Price: 495 INR
Buy: Organic Aloe Vera Gel With Saffron Extract
2. Organic Aloe Vera Gel With Organic Glycerine
Organic Aloe Vera Gel With Pure Glycerine is made of aloe leaf extracts to help you get rid of skin infections, acne, and redness. Infused with the richness of pure glycerine, this organic aloe vera removes pimples, restores moisture, and helps you get a naturally glowing and spotless skin complexion. The goodness of coconut oil and castor oil makes it ideal for sensitive skin types.
Price: 475 INR
Buy: Organic Aloe Vera Gel With Organic Glycerine
3. Organic Aloe Vera Gel With Turmeric Extract
Organic Aloe Vera Gel With Turmeric Extract is made from pure aloe gel leaf, glycerine, and turmeric extracts. The combined antibacterial and soothing properties of this organic aloe vera gel help reduce acne, dark spots, and minor skin infections. If you’re looking to buy aloe vera for acne scars treatment, this can be your best friend!
Price: 495 INR
Buy: Organic Aloe Vera Gel With Turmeric Extract
Precautions To Take While Using Aloe Vera For Acne
Pure and organic aloe vera gel is completely safe for daily usage. However, here are key points to remember while using aloe vera for pimples:
- Make sure to use a pure aloe vera gel for acne to attain effective results.
- Prefer buying aloe vera with organic ingredients for maximised skin benefits.
- Ensure to be consistent while using aloe vera to remove pimples or stubborn marks.
- Always do a small patch test on the wrist to check for any adverse effects of aloe vera on your skin. Proceed only if there are no signs of irritation, rashes or tingling sensations on the skin.
- Prefer using it with other acne-fighting and hydrating ingredients like honey, coconut oil, or turmeric for best results.
- A regular application of aloe vera gel 2-3 times a week can help you attain desired results.
How long does it take for aloe vera to work on acne?
You can apply aloe vera gel for face pimples consistently every day for 3-4 weeks to achieve desired results.
Is it OK to leave aloe on your face overnight?
Yes, you can leave aloe vera for acne overnight not only to reduce pimples but also to attain even-toned skin.
Can you use aloe vera straight from the plant?
Avoid direct application of aloe vera gel from the plant to acne. It might lead to allergic reactions for sensitive or acne-prone skin.
Can you rub an aloe vera plant on your face?
You can massage the aloe vera plant on your skin. But make sure to clean it with water before applying.
Can we apply aloe vera on face daily?
Pure aloe vera is completely safe for daily use. It helps reduce acne, fade out dark spots, and dullness making way for smooth & soft skin texture.
How long should aloe vera stay on face?
Allow aloe vera gel to sit for at least 15 minutes on the face. For maximum results, leave it overnight.
Aloe vera gel is a natural humectant for the face that helps fortify the skin barrier function and prevent moisture loss. It works well to rebalance sebum production and remove skin buildup, making it quite effective for acne treatment at home.
So, what are you waiting for? Inculcate this holy-grail ingredient for acne in your skincare regime, and save big on your visits to the dermat. Good luck!
Home Remedies for Acne Scars – Looking for natural ways to get rid of acne scarring? Try out these home remedies prepared using 2-3 kitchen ingredients and say goodbye to scars within a few weeks.
Best Moisturizer for Acne Prone Skin – Even if you’re an acne prone skin type, a moisturiser is important to keep your skin soft and nourished. Here are out top recommendations of moisturisers handpicked by our beauty editors.
Best Sunscreen for Acne Prone Skin – A good sunscreen for acne prone skin feels lightweight, fast-absorbing and non-greasy on the face. This blog ends your search for the best sunscreen for acne prone skin that are infused with pure natural ingredients and chemical-free. Get your hands on them right away!
Homemade Face Mask for Acne – A homemade face pack for acne works excellent to get rid of dead skin cells, unclog pores, and fight acne. These natural remedies and skincare tips can be your go-to solution. Try them now!
Tea Tree Oil for Acne – Tea tree oil has excellent antibacterial and antifungal properties to kill the acne-causing bacteria on the surface of the face. It also helps control sebum production and purify congested pores. Here’s why you should incorporate tea tree oil in your skincare routine for acne treatment at home.