Surprised to read Coffee for hair? Well, at the end of this article you will be enlightened to know the incredible Coffee benefits for hair.
Coffee is rich in antioxidants and nourishing compounds to help restore hair shine and growth. It is also known to improve your scalp health and promote hair smoothness. Read along to unleash the many benefits of this powerhouse of antioxidants and the list of coffee uses for hair.
Benefits of Coffee for Hair
How to Use Coffee on Hair
Coffee infused Haircare Products
Side Effects of Coffee for Hair
Top 5 Benefits of Coffee for Hair
Using coffee for hair help is an inexpensive way to fight major hair problems. Packed with a bunch of hair-loving nutrients and growth stimulating agents, coffee is one of the powerful ingredients for hair benefits. Here are the primary benefits of coffee for hair:
1. Restores Hair Growth
Applying coffee for hair growth helps strengthen the hair follicles and proffers the required nutrients to it to boost hair thickness. It also promotes scalp blood circulation to stimulate dormant hair follicles and support hair regrowth.
Caffeine helps nurture overall scalp health. It balances sebum levels and helps exfoliate the scalp. Using coffee for hair works best for the excess oily scalp to ward off infections, and remove build-up to purify the scalp thoroughly.
2. Promotes Shine and Smoothness
Coffee protects the natural moisture barrier function of the hair shaft and keeps it hydrated. One of the credible benefits of coffee for hair is that it keeps your hair moisturised and gorgeously flowing to attain a soft, smooth and glossy mane.
3. Reduces Hair Loss
Enriched with antioxidants, Coffee helps replenish damaged hair and seal the split ends. Using coffee enriched hair care products prevents unwanted hair breakage by nurturing hair follicles, scalp health, and promoting its strength. It offers required nourishment, and nutrients to your mane reducing hair fall.
4. Darkens Hair Colour
Save yourself from the damage of chemical hair colouring by using coffee to darken hair. Rich in antioxidants, vitamins, proteins and other nutrients, coffee is good for dying hair light-brown, medium-brown or even dark-brown depending on the effective concentration of coffee.
How to Apply Coffee on Hair
If you’re simply intrigued by the coffee benefits for hair, scroll down to know how to use coffee for hair. Given below are some of the natural methods you need to follow:
Coffee Rinse for Hair
Using a coffee rinse is an effective way to thoroughly clean your scalp, reduce hair loss, and also add lustre and sheen to your tresses.
What You Need
2-4 cups of brewed coffee, 1/2 cup of water, spray bottle, and shower cap
How to Use
- Take 2-4 cups of brewed coffee and let it cool down for 10 minutes.
- Add ½ cup of water into it to dilute the coffee rinse and fill it in a spray bottle.
- Shampoo and condition your hair as you normally do.
- While your hair is still wet, use the spray bottle to apply the coffee rinse from scalp to hair-ends.
- Massage it for about 3-4 minutes and wear a shower cap to leave it for 20 minutes.
- Wash it off with cool water and pat-dry your hair.
- Repeat the process once a week for desired results.
Coffee & Coconut Hair Mask
Applying a coffee hair mask helps promote growth and adds smoothness to the tresses.
What You Need
2-3 tbsp of Coffee powder, 2 tbsp of coconut oil
How to Use
- Take 2-4 tbsp of coffee powder based on your hair length
- Add 2 tbsp of coconut oil into it.
- Stir it well into a hair mask.
- Apply the mixture evenly from roots to the hair strands.
- Leave it for 20-25 minutes.
- Shampoo your hair and apply a hair smoothing conditioner.
Coffee Hair Dye
Hair colouring with coffee at home is a great idea. Not only is it chemically free and safe for use but works as a quick-touch-up option. Having said that, it doesn’t work as long as artificial hair colour.
What You Need
2-4 tbsp of coffee grounds, 1-2 cups of brewed coffee, 1 cup of leave-in conditioner or hair spa cream
How to Use
- Take 2-4 tbsp of coffee grounds based on the part of hair you want to dye.
- Add 1-2 cups of brewed coffee into it.
- Add 1 cup of leave-in conditioner into it. You can also use a hair spa cream
- Stir it into a mixture.
- Apply a thick layer of mixture to clean and damp hair.
- Leave it for 30-35 minutes.
- Shampoo your hair and pat-dry.
- Repeat the process if you still want to intensify the hair colour.
Organic Harvest Recommends Best Coffee-Infused Hair Care Products
Organic Harvest is a touted brand for producing 100% pure and organic hair care products that are free from any chemicals or animal ingredients. This time we bring you coffee-based shampoo & conditioner combo and hair oil that you might love to try:
Organic Hair Strengthening Shampoo & Conditioner
Organic Hair Strengthening Shampoo and Conditioner is enriched with Caffeine, which stimulates the hair roots by improving its structure. It also helps to detangle the hair and makes the hair stronger and smoother. This coffee-infuse hair care combo maintains moisture balance, improves hair texture and prevents hair loss.
Price: 644 INR
Buy Link: Click Here
Organic Hair Strengthening Hair Oil-Coffee
Organic Harvest’s Organic Hair Strengthening Hair Oil is a unique combination of 14 oils, It stimulates the hair roots by improving its structure and growth. Caffeine-based hair oil helps restore hair growth, makes the hair shaft stronger and smoother, making it easier to manage while promoting natural sheen.
Price: 387 INR
Buy Link: Click Here
Side Effects of Applying Coffee on Hair
Consistent use of coffee for hair can cause severe damage to your hair making it brittle and prone-to breakage. Not to forget the preservatives and processing associated with making coffee grounds can hamper the quality of your hair strands making it moisture-less and frizzy. Having said that, here are some of the side effects of coffee and things you need to remember before applying coffee on hair:
- Use organic coffee-based hair care products.
- Instead of using ready-made coffee powder, opt for coffee beans and crush them into granular forms for use.
- Avoid using it frequently. Hair experts recommend coffee is good for hair maximum once a week.
- Never use hot coffee rinse for hair, as it might damage your hair and cause dryness.
How often should I use coffee on my hair?
Applying coffee for hair treatment is good once a week. Frequent use of coffee for hair is not advisable by hair experts.
Can I mix coffee with shampoo?
Yes, the tiny granules of coffee act as an exfoliating agent to deeply cleanse the scalp and nourish your locks.
How long should I leave coffee on my hair?
If you’re using a coffee mask for hair, leave it for 10-15 minutes and if you’re using coffee for hair colour leave it for half an hour.
Does coffee powder change hair colour?
Yes, depending on the saturation of coffee powder, it helps darken your original hair colour.
Can I mix coffee with conditioner?
Yes, you can mix coffee powder with hair conditioner to smoothen your tresses and detangle your hair making it soft and easier to manage.
Can coffee damage your hair?
No, topical use of coffee helps you improve hair texture, growth and thickness. However, one must use coffee for hair once a week for desired results.
This was everything you needed to know about coffee’s benefits for hair. Coffee is a divine gift of nature not only for health but also for its amazing beauty benefits.
Fallen in love with coffee? Here’s more to using coffee for skin.