Using Coffee for skin has been creating buzz around the skincare world. But have you ever thought about what are the key benefits of coffee for skin that make it so special? If not, let’s have a look at it.
By the end of this story, you will be a pro at knowing the benefits of applying coffee on face.
8 Incredible Benefits of Coffee for Skin
Coffee is rich in antioxidants, phenols, vitamins, and other skin-loving nutrients to cure a multitude of skin concerns. Here’s the list of coffee benefits for skin that will blow your mind:
Exfoliates The Skin
Coffee grounds have exfoliating capabilities to fight bacteria and shed off dead skin cells on the surface of the face. It helps deeply cleanse the pores and helps you remove pigmentation on the face making your skin texture smooth and leaving a rejuvenating effect on your skin.
The skin under your eyes is very sensitive and weak. The goodness of anti-inflammatory agents in coffee for face helps dilate the blood vessels that contribute to dark circles and soothe the under-eye skin to reduce puffy eyes.
One of the pivoting uses of Coffee in skincare is due to its anti-cellulite benefits. Packed with antioxidants, coffee has exfoliating properties and also dilates the blood vessels underneath the skin to improve blood circulation. This helps in the reduction of cellulite (fat build-up on the skin, especially on thigh areas), or rather decreases its appearance.
Applying coffee on face helps diminish the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. It is composed of antioxidants and skin-building proteins to prevent early signs of ageing and saggy skin while promoting skin firmness.
Coffee is used to protect your skin from the harmful effects of UV rays of the sun and free radical damage. It also has proven benefits as a skin soothing treatment to reduce sunburn redness, and remove skin tanning caused by sun exposure.
The presence of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory agents in Caffeine benefits for skin by stimulating the cell regenerative process. It is one of the great qualities of coffee to quicken the process of healing wounds and replenish rough skin texture.
Applying coffee on the face for acne is very effective. It has the natural tendency to thoroughly exfoliate the skin and combat acne-causing bacteria. Not to forget, the anti-inflammatory agents help calm inflamed skin and redness caused by acne or pimples.
Vitamin B3 for Skin Cancer
Last but not least, one of the most effective benefits of coffee on face it protects you against the risk of skin cancer. The presence of niacin (vitamin B3) in coffee helps prevent non-melanoma skin cancers.
How to Apply Coffee on Face?
Ready to incorporate coffee into your daily skincare routine? Buckle up to learn some of the most interesting coffee uses for skin:
Coffee Face Scrub for Blackheads
Coffee is one of the best natural ingredients to exfoliate your face at home. It deeply cleanses your skin, removes excess oil, and dead skin cells keeping it nourished and clear.
- How to Apply: Add 1 tbsp of coffee grounds to 2 tbsp of honey. Mix it well to form a scrub. Now massage it on your face in small circular motions for about 2-3 minutes. Repeat the process once a week for the best results.
Coffee Anti-Ageing Face Mask
A face mask made of coffee and olive oil helps reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles on the face. It replenishes the photoageing effect on the skin and diminishes the ageing spots on your face.
- How to Apply: Add 1 tbsp of fine coffee powder to 2 tbsp of olive oil. Mix it well to form a smooth paste. Apply the mask evenly to your face. After 15 minutes, wash it off with cool water. Repeat the process 2-3 times a week for best results.
Coffee Face Mask for Acne Treatment
Coffee is an excellent exfoliator rich in antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds to remove dead skin cells. The combination of coffee and cinnamon not only helps you get rid of pimples but also reduces acne scars and skin inflammation.
- How to Apply: Mix 1 tbsp of coffee powder and 1 tbsp of cinnamon powder. Add 1 tbsp of coconut oil into the mixture. Now, apply the coffee mask evenly to your face. Rinse it off with lukewarm water after 15 minutes and pat your face dry.
Coffee Face Mask for Dark Circles
Enriched with the goodness of antioxidants, coffee helps reduce the appearance of redness and puffy eyes. Using it consistently helps in reducing dark circles to a large extent.
- How to Apply: Take 1 tbsp of coffee grounds and add 1-2 tbsp of raw milk into it. Mix it well. Apply and massage it under your eyes for about 2 minutes. Repeat the process every morning for 2-3 weeks to fade out dark circles
Coffee Face Mask for Skin Brightening
Coffee is a naturally rich source of antioxidants that helps reduce oxidative stress on the skin and nourish it with required nutrients. Lemon juice has the natural ability to stimulate cell-regenerative processes on the face and visibly brighten the skin tone.
- How to Apply: Take 1 tbsp of coffee powder into a small bowl. Add 1 tbsp of lemon juice and 1 tbsp of coconut oil to it. Mix it well to form a paste. Apply the mask evenly to your face. Leave it for 15 minutes and rinse off with cool water. Repeat the process once a week for the best results.
Side Effects of Coffee on Face
There are no side effects of coffee on face but make sure you do not overdo it. Here are the quick pointers for you to remember to use coffee on face:
- Use coffee scrub for skin exfoliating not more than once a week.
- Read out the ingredient list and direction of use before applying coffee products for skin.
- You can use a coffee mask not more than twice a week.
- Packaged coffee contains preservatives and artificial substances so it is not advisable for topical use on the face on a daily basis.
- Use coffee beans instead of ready-made coffee powder for the face to avoid adverse reactions.
Can I apply coffee on face daily?
Skin experts recommend applying coffee on face 1-2 times a week for best results.
Does applying coffee on the face darken skin?
One of the side effects of applying coffee on skin daily, is that it can increase the supply of chlorogenic acid to the face which can darken the appearance of your skin a tad bit.
Can we apply coffee on face overnight?
One of the coffee uses for skin is to use it overnight as a sleeping mask and rinse it off in the morning to refresh your skin.
How do you wash your face with coffee?
Add ½ tbsp of coffee grounds into raw milk. Mix it well to form an exfoliating coffee scrub. Massage your face with the mixture in small circular motions. Let it sit for 7-10 minutes and then wash your face with lukewarm water.
Does coffee tighten skin?
Caffeine benefits for skin by constricting the blood vessels in the skin and improving blood flow making it look firmer with every use.
What can I mix in coffee for my face?
Coffee is good for skin when used with other skin-nutritive natural ingredients such as raw milk, aloe vera, lemon juice, and honey.
We hope you enjoyed reading the wonderful coffee benefits for skin. Try and incorporate one of the coffee uses for skin into your beauty regime and up your skincare game.
Well, the goodness of coffee is not just limited to skin. You will be stunned to know the interesting benefits of coffee for hair.