There are tons of benefits of essential oil for hair. And out of the entire stack of essential oils, eucalyptus oil for hair stands out due to its herbicidal and antifungal abilities. So, if you’re looking to indulge in some of the home remedies to get rid of dandruff, lice and itchy scalp — eucalyptus has it all!
Read on to learn more about the uses, side effects and benefits of eucalyptus oil for hair.
What Is Eucalyptus Oil For Hair and How Is It Extracted?
Eucalyptus is an evergreen flowering tree that is native to Australia. It has a strong, soothing and medicinal scent with therapeutic properties. The leaves of the eucalyptus tree are dried, crushed and distilled to extract eucalyptus oil with potent benefits.
Benefits of Eucalyptus Oil For Hair & Scalp
Eucalyptus oil has magnificent antibacterial, antifungal and aromatic properties to deal with a slew of hair problems right from the comfort of your home. Ready to explore the multiple benefits of eucalyptus oil for hair?
Treats Head Lice
Eucalyptus oil has effective anti-fungal properties to combat fungal infections and prevent the outbreak of head lice. It is a safe home remedy to get rid of lice.
Cures Scalp Infections
Packed with a myriad of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory agents, eucalyptus works excellent to take overall care of your scalp health. It has great antiseptic and soothing properties to calm scalp inflammation, itchiness, and irritation caused due to mild infections or dermatitis.
Eucalyptus has excellent antibacterial and fungicidal properties to fight yeast-like fungus-causing dandruff and flakes. It also helps cure dry & itchy scalps that happen due to cold weather conditions. Using eucalyptus oil with any carrier oil is one of the easiest home remedies to get rid of dandruff.
Prevents Scalp Greasiness
Eucalyptus oil for hair helps control oil secretion in the scalp and rebalances pH level. The presence of rejuvenating and soothing compounds in Nilgiri oil for hair helps you get rid of scalp greasiness and limp hair.
Boost Hair Growth
Eucalyptus oil has deep nourishing and scalp healing properties that aid in hair growth. It also helps promote scalp health and boost shine making way for gorgeous-looking hair.
How To Use Eucalyptus Oil for Hair?
Now that you are well-versed with the Nilgiri benefits for hair, let’s find out different ways to use eucalyptus oil for hair. Here goes:
How to Use Eucalyptus Oil for Hair Growth
- Take 2 tbsp of coconut oil in a small bowl.
- Add 2-3 drops of eucalyptus essential oil for hair into it.
- Use it to massage thoroughly into your scalp and roots.
- Leave it overnight.
- Repeat the process 2-3 times a week to increase hair growth.
How to Use Eucalyptus Oil for Grey Hair
- Take 2-4 tbsp of amla oil for hair.
- Add 3-4 drops of eucalyptus essential oil to it.
- Give yourself a good hair champi with this mix.
- Leave it for 20 minutes.
- Shampoo and condition your hair as you normally do.
- Repeat the process biweekly to prevent premature greying of hair.
How to Use Eucalyptus Oil for Dandruff?
- Chop 1-2 onions and grind them in a blender.
- Strain the mixture to extract onion juice from it.
- Add 1-2 drops of eucalyptus essential oil for hair into it.
- Use the mixture to apply it to your scalp.
- Wrap up your hair with a shower cap and leave it for 15 minutes.
- Shampoo and conditioner your hair as usual.
- Repeat the process 1-2 times a week.
How to Use Eucalyptus Oil for Head Lice
- Take 1-2 tbsp of olive oil in a small bowl.
- Add 2-3 drops of eucalyptus oil for hair into it.
- Apply and massage the mixture to your scalp.
- Leave it for 20 minutes.
- Rinse it off with shampoo.
- Repeat the process 1-2 times a week for desired results.
How to Use Eucalyptus Oil for Scalp
- Add 2-3 drops of eucalyptus essential oil for hair into your regular shampoo.
- Use it as a mixture to wash your hair.
- Make a good froth and massage your scalp for about 1-2 minutes.
- Wash it off with cool water and follow it up with a hair conditioner.
Organic Harvest Recommended Eucalyptus Oil infused Hair Care Products
Organic Harvest offers a wide range of eucalyptus-based hair care products to tackle several hair problems. Here’s the list of organic hair care products infused with eucalyptus oil for hair:
Hair Oil For Hair Fall Control
Organic Harvest Hair Oil for Hair Fall Control is made with the goodness of eucalyptus, basil, and rosemary oil. The magical combination of these ingredients has antibacterial and soothing properties to prevent hair loss, nourish the hair follicles and strengthen the roots to give you a strong and healthy mane.
Price: 695 INR
Buy: Eucalyptus infused Oil For Hair Fall Control
Organic Anti Dandruff Hair Oil Tea Tree & Eucalyptus
Organic Harvest Organic Anti Dandruff Hair Oil is a unique combination of 10 oils that comes with the goodness of tea tree and eucalyptus. This organic hair oil is specially designed to combat scalp fungal infections and remove build-up leaving you with a cleaner and healthier mane. This hair oil contains anti-inflammatory qualities to soothe scalp inflammation, dryness, and prevent dandruff.
Price: 595 INR
Buy: Organic Anti Dandruff Hair Oil Tea Tree & Eucalyptus
Eucalyptus Essential Oil
Organic Harvest Eucalyptus Essential Oil is infused with plant-derived ingredients. This Nilgiri oil for hair has a mildly pungent, sweet, and fruity aroma. The presence of stimulating and rejuvenating compounds helps improve scalp blood flow encouraging healthy hair growth.
Price: 300 INR
Buy: Eucalyptus Essential Oil
Hair Oil For Hair Strengthening
Organic Harvest Hair Oil for Hair Strengthening is specially formulated with rare plant-derived ingredients. This eucalyptus-based hair oil helps promote scalp health and strengthen the hair follicles giving you a healthier and thicker mane. It has excellent moisturising properties to replenish damaged hair ends and strengthen the locks.
Price: 645 INR
Buy: Hair Oil For Hair Strengthening
How To Dilute Eucalyptus Oil For Hair?
Eucalyptus oil is very potent in nature. Hair experts always advise using it in diluted form with appropriate carrier hair oils. The dilution ratio of eucalyptus oil in base oil must be 1-2%. This means 1 tbsp of carrier oil should have 2-3 drops of eucalyptus oil.
Possible Side Effects Of Eucalyptus Oil For Hair
Eucalyptus oil has no side effects on hair and scalp. However, here are the pointers you need to keep in mind before using eucalyptus oil for hair:
- Make sure to do a small patch test on your skin before using it on your scalp.
- Always opt for organic eucalyptus oil for hair that is free from harsh chemicals, artificial fragrances or colour.
- Make sure to apply a diluted form of eucalyptus essential oil for hair to avoid possible chances of side effects or damage due to its potency.
- Eucalyptus oil is not recommended for oral ingestion by any means as it can cause severe stomach pain, nausea, dizziness or coma.
Is eucalyptus oil good for your hair?
Yes, Nilgiri oil for hair has natural moisturising, antibacterial and calming properties that help combat dandruff, soothe scalp inflammation, prevent greasiness, and improve healthy hair growth.
How long can I leave eucalyptus oil in my hair?
You can keep eucalyptus essential oil for hair for about 15-20 minutes to seize the maximum benefits from it.
Does eucalyptus regrow hair?
Yes, eucalyptus oil has natural moisturising qualities to stimulate the dormant hair follicles and soothe scalp inflammation to support hair regrowth.
Can I mix coconut oil and eucalyptus oil?
Yes, you can add eucalyptus oil to coconut oil and use it in diluted form. It helps soothe scalp inflammation, cure dandruff and stimulate healthy hair growth.
Can I leave eucalyptus oil in my hair overnight?
Yes, you can use dilute eucalyptus oil for hair overnight to get effective results.
Eucalyptus oil is one of the easily available essential oils with ample hair benefits. Do try and inculcate it in your hair care routine and enjoy the simplest solutions to several hair woes without spending too much.
The goodness of eucalyptus oil doesn’t end here. Read on to discover more about the benefits of eucalyptus oil for skin.