Eucalyptus is popularly known as Nilgiri in India. It is one of the ancient shrubs offering potent skin benefits. From soothing skin inflammation, and improving dry skin to lightening skin complexion, applying eucalyptus oil on the face takes care of the most common skin concerns.
In this blog, we are about to reveal some of the most impressive benefits of eucalyptus oil for skin.
What Is Eucalyptus Oil For Skin?
Eucalyptus oil for skin is derived from the dried leaves of eucalyptus trees. It is one of the popular flowering trees that are native to Australia. The Nilgiri oil for skin has excellent therapeutic and anti-inflammatory properties making it effective for several skin problems.
Benefits of Eucalyptus Oil For Skin
Applying eucalyptus oil for skin cures acne, treats sunburns, and fights skin infections. Here’s more to list of benefits of eucalyptus oil for skin:
Defies Early Signs of Ageing
Eucalyptus essential oil contains antioxidants and anti-inflammatory agents that help protect your skin against oxidative damage due to UV rays. This makes Nilgiri oil for skin a great anti-ageing treatment at home.
Soothes Skin Infections
Eucalyptus oil has antibacterial and antifungal properties to fight minor skin infections causing irritation, inflammation, or redness. The presence of soothing compounds like eucalyptol in Nilgiri heals dermatitis, boils, eczema, and cold sores.
The antibacterial agents in eucalyptus oil for skin help fight the acne-causing bacteria preventing the chances of future breakouts or pimples. It also helps soothe inflamed skin and remove blemishes due to acne.
Heals Sunburns and Wounds
Nilgiri oil has magnificent soothing and calming properties to help you get relief from sunburns or wounds. The anti-inflammatory agents invigorate flared-up skin due to sunburns and encourage cell growth to promote healing.
Brightens Skin Tone
Eucalyptus oil has natural skin-lightening and brightening abilities. It helps reduce the appearance of dark spots and patches giving you even-toned skin with a brightening effect.
Nourishes Dry Skin
Nilgiri oil has great moisturising properties to keep your skin hydrated and nourished for long hours. One of the unique benefits of Nilgiri oil for skin is that it stimulates ceramide production (a type of fatty acid that forms the epidermis). This helps maintain the natural moisture barrier function, prevent moisture loss, and act as a shield against sun damage.
How To Use Eucalyptus Oil for Skin?
Now that you know about the Nilgiri benefits for skin, let’s discuss more on how to inculcate it into your beauty rituals. Here’s the list of eucalyptus oil uses for skin:
How to Use Eucalyptus Oil for Pimples
- Take 1 tbsp of curd and add ½ tbsp of besan into it.
- Add 2-3 drops of eucalyptus oil.
- Mix well to form a face pack.
- Apply it evenly to your face and let it sit for 10-12 minutes.
- Use cool water to remove the masks and pat dry your face.
- Repeat the process 1-2 times a week to get rid of acne.
How to Use Eucalyptus Oil for Skin Brightening
- Take 1 tbsp of sandalwood powder in a small bowl.
- Add a few drops of lemon juice to it.
- Add 2-3 drops of Nilgiri essential oil to the mixture.
- Mix all the ingredients to form a fine paste. You can add some water too.
- Apply the face pack evenly to your face.
- Allow it to sit for 10 minutes.
- Take some water and go about in small circular motions to remove the pack.
- Rinse off thoroughly with cool water and pat dry your face.
How to Use Eucalyptus Oil for Eczema
- Take 1 tbsp of aloe vera gel in a small bowl.
- Add 2-3 drops of eucalyptus essential oil for skin into it.
- Mix it well and apply it as a face mask.
- Leave it on for 10-15 minutes until dry.
- Use a damp face towel to wipe off your face.
- Repeat this process once a week to treat minor skin infections or inflammation.
How to Use Eucalyptus Oil for Dark Spots
- Mix 1 tbsp of tea tree oil and coconut oil.
- Add 2-3 drops of eucalyptus oil into it.
- Apply and massage it into your face.
- Leave it overnight.
- Wash your face in the morning.
- Repeat this process 3 times a week for best results.
How to Eucalyptus Oil for Dry Skin
- Take 1 tbsp of olive oil and add 2-3 drops of Nilgiri oil to it.
- Use the mixture to apply and massage your face.
- Follow it up with some face yoga steps.
- Leave it on for 20 minutes and then use a moist cotton to wipe off the excess oil.
- You can also leave it overnight for best results.
- Repeat the process biweekly for effective results.
Organic Harvest Recommends Eucalyptus Essential Oil for Skin
Organic Harvest Eucalyptus Essential Oil is infused with plant-derived ingredients. This essential oil has a sweet and fruity aroma. The presence of stimulating and rejuvenating compounds helps soothe skin inflammation, redness, and itchiness. It also has nourishing abilities to improve blood flow and maintain skin health.
Price: 300 INR
Buy Eucalyptus Essential Oil
How to Dilute Eucalyptus Oil for Skin?
As Nilgiri oil for skin is potent for direct use, dermatologists always advise using it with carrier oils for skin. The dilution ratio of eucalyptus oil in base oil should be 1-2%. This means for every 1 tbsp of carrier oil you can add 2 drops of eucalyptus oil for skin.
Side Effects of Eucalyptus Oil for Skin
There are no side effects of eucalyptus oil for skin. However, here are some of the key points to remember before you add it to your skincare routine:
- Never use an undiluted form of eucalyptus essential oil on skin.
- Always do a patch test on your hand before using it for topical application. Leave it on for 24 hours and ensure there are no adverse effects of rashes or irritation.
- For the safer side you can always indulge in skincare products infused with the goodness of eucalyptus oil.
- Nilgiri oil is not advisable for oral ingestion as it can cause severe nausea, stomach pain, muscle weakness, seizures, or dizziness.
Where do you put eucalyptus oil on your body?
Eucalyptus oil has magnificent antioxidants, anti-inflammatory, and antimicrobial properties to deal with wounds, inflammation, eczema, or dermatitis on any part of the body.
How long can I leave eucalyptus oil in my skin?
You can leave it on for 10-15 minutes to get the most of eucalyptus oil benefits for skin.
Does eucalyptus brighten skin?
Yes, eucalyptus oil has natural skin-brightening and lightening properties to give you even-toned skin with a naturally radiant effect.
When should you not use eucalyptus for skin?
You can use eucalyptus oil for skin in your daytime skin care or leave it overnight as per your convenience.
Nilgiri oil for skin is one of the best essential oils for skin that helps tackle multiple skin concerns. The combination of antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, moisturising and soothing properties makes it one of a kind.
Get your hands on the organic eucalyptus oil for skin available at Organic Harvest and make the most of its magical uses for skin.
Benefits of Jojoba Oil for Skin – Jojoba oil is enriched with skin beneficiary nutrients which helps reduce the appearance of fine lines, treat acne, and promote wound healing. Read on to discover why one should use jojoba oil for skin including some of the best product recommendations.
Benefits of Rosehip Oil for Skin – Rosehip oil is one of the best essential oils for skin. It helps boost collagen production, fight premature skin ageing, and reduce pigmentation. Here’s everything you need to know about adding rosehip oil to your skincare routine.
Neem Oil Benefits for Skin – Neem is a touted natural ingredient due to its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. Using neem oil for skin zap-off acne causing bacteria and dead skin cells from the face’ surface. This article elaborates on the benefits of neem oil and how to use it.
Benefits of Essential Oil for Skin – Different essential oils work as one of the potent and effective skincare products. They offer targeted skincare solutions for various concerns such as acne, dullness, pigmentation, wrinkles, and so on. Read on to discover the benefits of using essential oils for skin.
Benefits of Lavender Oil for Skin – Lavender oil has intense moisturising and soothing qualities to reduce inflammation and fight dryness. Here’s how to incorporate lavender oil in your daily skincare routine to tackle various skin problems.
Benefits of Argan Oil for Skin – Argan oil is an anti-ageing elixir with excellent moisturising and nourishing properties. It helps promote collagen production, preserves skin elasticity, and controls excess oil secretion.Keep reading to explore the potent benefits of argan oil for skin,