Your diet plays a major role in keeping your skin naturally glowing and youthful. Be it celebrities, dermatologists, or beauticians, all of them claim one palpable beauty secret and that is to keep yourself hydrated inside out.
So, what’s better than water-rich fruits? You may be wondering which fruit is good for skin? Fret not.
We have jotted down the list of best fruits good for skin including which ones to eat that are relevant to your concerns and skin needs.
12 Best Fruits For Glowing Skin To Include In Your Daily Diet
Fruits are rich in antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. They fight against oxidative stress on the skin, prevent photoaging, minimise pigmentation, and brighten up your natural complexion. If you’re wondering which fruit is best for glowing skin?
Vitamin C is good for skin. Orange is one of the naturally rich sources of vitamin C, minerals, and other antioxidants which are effective to fight oxidative damage on the skin, promote collagen synthesis, and reduce the appearance of dark spots. If you’re looking for that one fruit to get rid of acne scars and patchy skin tone, oranges are solution to achieving clear and bright complexion.
How To Add Orange To Your Daily Diet
- Consume one orange every morning.
- Add orange to fruit salads
- Drink orange juice any hour during the day to keep your skin hydrated.
How To Use Orange For Pigmentation
- Extract the pulp out of the orange.
- Massage the pulp on your face, especially on the concerned areas.
- Leave it for 10 minutes and then rinse off with cool water.
- Alternatively, you can apply diluted orange juice across your face to control oiliness on the skin and prevent acne or pimples.
Kiwi is a citrus fruit with the benefits of vitamins E, C and other antioxidants. It helps remove dead skin cells and purify congested pores to prevent the occurrence of acne or pimples. As this fruit is high in vitamin C, kiwi prevents free radical damage, averts early signs of ageing and helps you achieve the skin of your dreams.
How To Add Kiwi To Your Daily Diet
- Enjoy kiwi as a fruit dish in the evening as a snack.
- Add kiwi in the form of fruit salads, desserts, shakes or mojitos.
How To Use Kiwi For Glowing Skin
- Take 2-3 slices of kiwi and mash it into a pulp.
- Apply the pulp directly to your face.
- Let it dry for 10-12 minutes and rinse off.
- Using kiwi as a face mask helps rejuvenate the skin, tighten enlarged pores and reveal naturally glowing skin.
Most of your skincare problems are related to your gut. Papaya is a powerhouse of vitamins A, C, and B and other digestive enzymes, which aid in the process of metabolic activities and regulate bowel movement to maintain gut health. The presence of antioxidants in papaya neutralises the free radical damage on the skin and helps purify the blood making way for healthier and brighter-looking skin.
How To Add Papaya To Your Daily Diet
- You can have a bowl full of papaya in the morning before breakfast.
- You can eat it as a side dish in your lunch or dinner meals.
How To Use Papaya To Prevent Oxidative Stress & Sun Damage
- Take 3-5 cubes of papaya in a small bowl.
- Mash it up into pulp form.
- Add 1 tbsp of honey and make a smooth face pack.
- Apply it evenly to your face.
- After 15 minutes, wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Repeat the process 1-2 times a week for impressive results.
Apple is filled with dietary fibres, vitamins C, K and antioxidants. Consuming apples on a daily basis works best to keep skin healthy inside out. It showers your skin with the essential nutrients to improve metabolism and protect against sun damage to maintain clear & healthy skin naturally.
How To Add Apple To Your Daily Diet
- You can have one apple a day in the morning.
- Use it in fruit salads or desserts.
- You can savour apple juice to keep yourself hydrated midday.
How To Use Apple To Enhance Natural Complexion
- Cut a few pieces of peeled apple.
- Grind it to form a paste and strain the juice.
- Apply the apple juice directly to your face.
- Leave it for 15 minutes.
- Rinse off with cool water and pat dry your face.
- It helps maintain skin pH keeping it soft, hydrated & glowing naturally.
Lemon is the gold standard in skincare to brighten the skin, increase collagen production, and keep your skin youthful. Consuming lemons in various forms keep your skin hydrated, lightens stubborn acne marks, and promotes a glowing complexion. The anti-inflammatory properties help soothe inflamed skin due to acne and reduce redness on the face.
How To Add Lemons To Your Daily Diet
- Drink lemon juice to keep your skin hydrated.
- Every morning add a few drops of lemon juice in warm water and drink it before having your breakfast to detoxify your skin naturally.
How To Use Lemons For Healthy Skin
- Take 1 tbsp of coconut oil.
- Add 4-5 drops of lemon juice into it and a pinch of turmeric powder.
- Apply it as a face pack and let it dry for 15-20 minutes.
- Wash it off with lukewarm water and pat dry your face.
- Repeat this process twice a week to exfoliate dead skin cells and enhance your natural complexion.
Grapes are one of the easily available fruits loaded with the benefits of vitamin C and antioxidants. It helps protect your skin against free radical damage and prevents hyperpigmentation and ageing spots. It also contains vitamin B6 and folate to give you clear and younger-looking skin.
How To Add Grapes To Your Daily Diet
- Indulge yourself in eating whole grapes any hour during the day.
- Amp up your fruit salad with grapes.
- You can add grapes to prepare mixed fruit juice as well.
How To Use Grapes For Clearer Skin
- Mash a bunch of grapes to form a pulp.
- Apply it evenly across your face.
- Massage it well on affected areas to reduce dark patches or spots.
- Let it dry for 10 minutes and wash it off with cool water.
- This face pack comes in handy to lighten pigmentation and attain a clear skin appearance.
Avocado is infused with the goodness of antioxidants, minerals and omega-9 fatty acids. This fruit is known to fortify the natural moisture barrier of the skin, keep your skin hydrated, and delay the natural process of skin ageing. The benefits of vitamin E for skin helps promote collagen production and soothes inflammation. It is one of the best fruits for skin whitening and cures dryness and flakiness.
How To Add Avocado To Your Daily Diet
- Add the whole avocado fruit in the morning or evening diet plan.
- Have it as a fruit salad or smoothie.
How To Use Avocado For Anti-Ageing
- Mash half a size of avocado into a small bowl.
- Apply it directly to your face.
- Allow it to dry for 15 minutes.
- Wash it off with cool water.
- This mask is great to tone your skin and keep it nourished.
8 . Mango
We all love to relish mangoes. The presence of antioxidants, vitamins A, C, and E and other collagen-boosting nutrients in mango makes it an ideal fruit to attain healthy and gorgeous skin. If you wonder how to use vitamin A for skin, mango can be your ideal choice. It helps reduce the appearance of fine lines, minimise pimple marks and removes dullness from the face.
How To Add Mango To Your Diet
- You can relish mango slices anytime during the morning or afternoon.
- You can prepare several mango dishes such as desserts, pudding, or fruit salad.
- One of the other ways to consume mango is to intake it as a shake and juice.
How To Use Mango To Remove Tan
- Extract the mango pulp in a small bowl.
- Add 1 tbsp of honey and form a smooth pack.
- Apply and massage it evenly to your skin.
- Leave it for 15 minutes.
- Rinse off with lukewarm water and pat dry your face.
- This face pack is great to improve texture and even out patchy skin tone.
Cucumber is one of the superstars in skincare to keep your skin hydrated, soft, and happy. It contains all the vital nutrients including minerals, antioxidants and soothing compounds to keep your skin satiated for moisturisation, fight dryness, prevents the onset of wrinkles, and lightens dark spots. It also helps regulate sebum levels in the skin and tightens enlarged pores.
How To Add Cucumber To Your Daily Diet
- Have it in the form of salad with your daily meals.
- Drink fresh cucumber juice in the morning.
- You can eat peeled cucumber as a snack in the evening to satisfy your hunger.
How To Use Cucumber For Dry Skin
- Take ½ the size of a cucumber and finely grate it in a glass bowl.
- Add ½ tbsp of curd and a pinch of turmeric powder into it.
- Mix all the ingredients together and form a face pack.
- Apply it across your face and allow it to dry for 15 minutes.
- Rinse off with cool water.
- This face pack is effective to clear out clogged pores, prevent dryness, and improve skin texture.
Enriched with the combination of salicylic acid and vitamin C, strawberries help prevent acne, lighten dark spots, and prevent free radical damage on the skin. It is also one of the best fruits for skin glow to slow down the process of ageing and keep it youthful for a long time.
How To Add Strawberry To Your Daily Diet
- Use strawberries to make delicious smoothies or shakes
- Use it for seasoning your desserts and cakes.
- Add finely chopped strawberries to your fruit salad.
How To Use Strawberry For Acne & Scars
- Mash 2-3 strawberries in a small bowl to form a pulp.
- Add 1 tbsp of honey to it.
- Apply the mixture to your face.
- Leave it for 10-12 minutes and wash it off with lukewarm water.
- This face pack helps tighten pores, control oil secretion and prevent future breakouts.
Pomegranate contains a rich blend of skin-friendly nutrients such as vitamin C, K and minerals potassium. It also has antimicrobial properties to fight the acne-causing bacteria on the surface of the face, and minimise the appearance of acne scars and dark spots. It is the best fruit for skin which helps balance sebum production and reduces acne & scarring.
How To Add Pomegranate To Your Daily Diet
- You can enjoy pomegranate juice or snack on it as a raw fruit.
- Alternatively, you can add pomegranate to season your meals, fruit salads, and desserts.
How To Use For Pomegranate Oily Skin And Blemishes
- Take out ½ cup of pomegranate juice into a glass bowl.
- Add 1 tbsp of honey to it.
- Apply it as a face mask and leave it for 15 minutes.
- Wash it off with cool water and pat dry your face.
- This face mask helps reduce oiliness, fight pimples, and get clear-looking even toned skin.
Tomato is again a rich source of vitamins A, C, and K and skin beneficiary minerals for healthy, soft and supple skin. It helps control excess oil secretion, unclog pores, and brighten up your natural skin tone. It also has an astringent effect on the face to exfoliate dead skin cells and combat acne.
How To Add Tomato To Your Daily Diet
- Add tomatoes to your daily diet in the form of salads, soups, or juice.
- You can enjoy it as a fruit dish as a midday snack.
How To Use For Tomato Brighter & Even Skin Tone
- Take out the tomato pulp in a glass bowl.
- Add 1 tbsp of honey to it.
- Mix and apply the face pack evenly.
- After 15 minutes, rinse off with cool water and pat dry.
- This face pack is best to lighten dark spots and get an instant skin glow.
Lifestyle Tips For Glowing Skin
Besides eating the best fruits good for skin, here are some of the lifestyle tips you need to inculcate in your daily routine to keep your skin healthy and glowing forever:
- Make sure to wash your face twice a day with a suitable organic face wash based on your skin type.
- Follow and maintain a healthy diet including fruits and green veggies which are rich in vitamins, minerals and proteins to keep your skin glowing from within.
- Keep yourself hydrated with enough water, juices, and fruits. At the same time avoid foods high in sugar or saturated fats to maintain glowing skin.
- One should follow a CTM routine based on your skin type to take care of your skin with three basic steps: cleanse, tone and moisturise.
- Never skimp on sunscreen. It is a must in your daily day skincare routine to protect your skin against photo ageing, prevent hyperpigmentation, and keep your skin naturally clear & radiant. This is true even when you’re sitting indoors.
- Covering your face whenever you step out helps protect your skin against environmental stressors and damage.
- Avoid swapping your skincare products often or it might irritate your skin. However, you can switch your skincare products under seasonal changes.
- Opt for organic skincare products devoid of any harsh chemicals, animal fats or artificial fragrances which might strip off the natural oils from the surface of the face making your skin dull & dry.
- Make sure you exfoliate your skin at least twice a week with an organic face scrub to keep your skin squeaky clean, fight pimples, and slough off dead skin cells to reveal the brighter-looking underneath.
Which are the foods to avoid for glowing skin?
One should avoid sugary foods, processed foods, or packaged snacks which are high in saturated fats. These foods take a toll on your skin health resulting in early signs of ageing.
What fruits tighten skin?
Citrus fruits such as oranges, strawberries, papaya, and kiwi are high in vitamin C and minerals improve natural texture and promote skin firmness.
Which fruit juice improves skin colour?
Tomato juice, apple juice, orange juice, and cucumber juice are some of the best fruit juices which improve blood circulation, promote lymphatic drainage, and enhance the natural complexion.
What is the right time to eat fruits?
The best time to eat fruits is in the morning to get the maximum benefits of it.
Orange, kiwi, strawberries, papaya, cucumber, tomatoes, and apples are some of the best fruits for glowing skin. Packed with a bundle of vitamins C, A, and minerals like iron, and magnesium, these fruits stimulate blood flow, purify the skin from impurities, and keep it hydrated for long hours. All of these combined give you naturally glowing skin. Amazing, isn’t it?
So, delve into the best fruit for skin and get started on your journey to healthy and radiant-looking skin!
Foods to Avoid for Glowing Skin – Your diet is 80% and 20% is the skincare products you apply. This makes it important to develop relevant food habits to maintain a naturally good looking soft and glowing skin appearance. Here are the superfoods to eat to attain the skin of your dreams!
Broccoli Benefits for Skin – Broccoli is one of the best greens to add to your daily diet. It is enriched with skin-loving nutrients to fight early signs of ageing, protect against sun damage, heal acne, and promote naturally healthy skin. Hop on board to know why you should eat broccoli for glowing skin.
How to Make Your Skin Glow Naturally at Home – This blog brings you natural home remedies and tips to remember for having naturally beautiful and radiant skin. All you need is 2-3 ingredients from your pantry and you are good to go. Read along to how to use them at home and get glowing.
Niacinamide Skin Benefits – Niacinamide stimulates the production of keratin protein in the skin, which is the building block of skin. It regulates sebum levels and promotes skin elasticity and firmness. Click to read more about the benefits of niacinamide including some best product recommendations based on your skin type.
Benefits of Spinach for Skin– Spinach is packed with skin-friendly vitamins A, C, and K and minerals such as iron, magnesium, and calcium. This makes it a wonderful ingredient to heal wounds, and scars, improve natural complexion, prevent hyperpigmentation and more. Here’s everything you need to know about using spinach for the skin.