Cleanse, tone, moisturise, and protect—the four cardinal steps of every skincare routine! But, did you know that there is a fifth one that is super important too? Exfoliation! A significant part of every skincare routine, although this step isn’t carried out daily, it’s crucial to help boost your skin’s health. Exfoliation involves using a gentle yet slightly abrasive creamy textured skincare product to help remove the dead skin cell layer that sits on your face. It takes away any sort of debris, dust, or pollution that can lead to clogged pores in the future. The best face scrubs for glowing skin contain ingredients that help cleanse and soften the skin, revealing a brighter and healthier complexion. Read more about how you can benefit from the best scrubs for face and what exactly makes it a great addition to your daily skincare routine.
Looking for the best scrub for your face? These face scrubs are perfect for you! Scroll down to see some of the effective yet gentle face scrubs you can jump into, face first today.
1. Organic Harvest Anti-Tan Face Scrub: Kakadu Plum, Acai Berry, & Rice Water
One of the best tan removal products, this face scrub is formulated with kakadu plum, acai berry, and rice water, all of which help brighten the skin, soothe it, fight acne, reduce pollution damage, while protecting your skin from UV radiation. The mix aids with exfoliation which in turn leaves your skin with a brighter and more radiant glow.
2. Organic Harvest Anti Tan Scrub
Another product that helps remove sun tan from face, this face scrub has been formulated to brighten, even out, and cleanse the skin in one go! Enriched with the goodness of liquid shea butter, provitamin B5, scrubbing beads, olive oil, clove essential oil, camphor essential oil, and perfume in a creamy base, the ingredients work together to help soothe, soften, and nourish your skin.
3. Oriental Botanics Natures Vitamin C Brightening Face Scrub
Wondering how to get rid of whiteheads? This face scrub will assist you with that. Formulated with botanical ingredients like orange peel, lemon, grapeseed, kiwi, pomegranate flower, and aloe vera, this face scrub nourishes the skin and improves texture and tone. The walnut shells present in the formula exfoliate the skin, and help remove all the deep-seated impurities in pores that often lead to acne, blackheads, and whiteheads too.
Price: 349 INR
4. Oriental Botanics Neem, Tea Tree And Basil Anti Acne Face Scrub
The perfect solution for acne, this anti-acne face scrub is enriched with all the skin-loving ingredients. Neem contains fatty acids that aid in reducing blemishes and pigmentation. Lemon’s amazing vitamin C properties aid with cell turnover and helps brighten the skin. Everyone knows the amazing benefits of tea tree for skin and this product is enriched with it all. It helps reduce inflammation and prevents irritation. Finally, the virgin jojoba oil and vitamin E, help moisturise and nourish the layers of your skin, adding to the glow.
Price: 349 INR
5. St Botanica 24K Gold Face Scrub
This is a highly effective face scrub that is infused with 24K gold that easily absorbs into the skin and leaves it with a glow like never before. Known to maintain the skin’s texture, boost collagen and elastin levels, protect the skin from environmental hazards, and reduce the appearance of fine lines and age spots, this scrub helps retain your skin’s natural moisture, while removing dirt and impurities.
Price: 1,899 INR
Buy link: St Botanica 24K Gold Scrub
6. Oriental Botanics Australian Tea Tree Anti Acne Face Scrub
A potent blend of Australian tea tree, glycerin, hyaluronic acid, green tea, aloe vera, and cucumber, this face scrub is the ideal mix for oily and acne-prone skin. The formula helps exfoliate the skin while treating any active breakouts. It locks-in moisture, and also helps protect the skin from further free radical damage.
Price: 399 INR
7. Oriental Botanics Activated Charcoal 4-In-1 Face Scrub
Infused with activated charcoal that helps draw dirt out from the surface of your skin, this face scrub helps remove dead skin cells and aids brightening the skin and improving its texture. Leaving you with clear skin, the formula helps loosen blackheads and whiteheads and also help lighten dark spots and pigmented patches on your skin. It’s the perfect detox your skin needs!
Price: 499 INR
8. St Botanica Arabica Coffee Face Scrub
Enriched with coffee seed powder, this face scrub gently exfoliates the skin and helps remove dirt and impurities, keeping it clean, fresh, and soft. The coffee benefits for skin, helps improve skin’s elasticity and also absorbs excess oil. This leaves the skin looking brighter. Formulated with vitamin B3, it moisturises the skin and reduces pigmentation.
Price: 499 INR
Buy link: St Botanica Arabiaca Coffee Face Scrub
9. The Mom’s Co Natural Green Tea Face Scrub
A natural green tea face scrub that aids in reducing excess sebum, while exfoliating the skin. The formula contains Tagua Nuts, black sand, and 5 plant AHAs that help remove dirt and dust from clogged pores. The vitamin C present boosts collagen production and also protects the skin from damage caused by environmental factors.
Price: 393 INR
10. The Mom’s Co Natural Coffee Cranberry Face Scrub
A natural face scrub that is enriched with natural coffee and cranberry, the formula buffs away dead skin cells while improving skin elasticity and firmness. It contains 5 plant AHAs that help remove excess oil, unclog pores, and tackles breakouts, blackheads, and whiteheads. This scrub also helps reduce tans.
Price: 393 INR
11. Manish Malhotra Methi Face Scrub Gel
A gel-based face scrub that is enriched with pure, concentrated aloe vera juice and Ayurvedic ingredients like roasted methi, amla, grapeseed oil, and walnut shell beads. It has a lightweight and quick absorbing formula that instantly and deeply nourishes dull and dehydrated skin and exfoliates the skin and removes dead skin cells too. It even prevents clogged pores and sebum buildup. The formula improves skin texture, and leaves it with a radiant glow.
12. MyGlamm Wipeout Germ Killing Face Scrub – Lavender & Neem
A germ-killing face scrub that helps remove dead skin cells and impurities. The formula leaves your skin with a relaxed and calming effect, and keeps it soft and smooth too! Formulated with neem, lavender, and walnut and apricot beads, it also contains chlorhexidine, which helps kill germs and also protects the skin from dirt and pollution.
Price: 129 INR
13. MyGlamm Wipeout Germ Killing Face Scrub – Rose & Honey
A face scrub that kills germs and exfoliates dead skin cells at the same time, the formula contains antioxidant honey extracts and soothing rose extracts. Enriched with apricot and walnut beads, the formula removes impurities while brightening and moisturising the skin too.
Price: 129 INR
14. MyGlamm Superfoods Cacao & Berries 2-in-1 Scrub Mask
A natural scrub mask that is enriched with cacao butter and berries, the formula helps boost your skin’s natural glow. The walnut shell powder acts like a mild exfoliator, while the avocado extracts helps make skin soft and supple too. It’s moisturising and helps rejuvenate your skin.
Price: 399 INR
Benefits Of Using A Face Scrub
Exfoliation has many, many advantages. Other than enhancing your skincare routine, it helps boost skin health, encourages that glow, and does so much more. Here are some of the benefits of using the best face scrubs for glowing skin.
- Removes Dead Skin Cells – Your skin sheds a lot of skin cells daily, which often get stuck and sit as a layer on the surface of your skin. If not cleansed properly, these dead skin cells can clog the pores resulting in acne and breakouts too. One of the benefits of face scrubs is that they help slough away that layer of dead skin, and reveal newer skin cells that make you look healthier.
- Deep Cleanses Pores – Looking at how to get rid of blackheads? A face scrub is the way to go. This skincare product often contains small granules that help go deep into your pores and remove any sort of dirt or impurities that result in blackheads, whiteheads, and pimples.
- Reduces Acne Scars – Scrubs have the ability to help fade away acne scars, dark spots, and patches from your skin. Using a face scrub boosts your skin’s circulation and naturally buffs the skin, helping get rid of any sort of discolouration present.
- Increases Efficacy Of Other Skincare Products – Remember that dead layer of skin cells we spoke about? Well, that layer prevents any other skincare product from penetrating deep into the layers of your skin. This reduces the efficacy of the product. By exfoliating your skin and removing that layer, your skincare products will absorb better and show better results.
- Brightens The Skin – The stimulation of blood circulation paired with removal of dead skin cells, allows for dullness to fade. The new skin cells also reveal a brighter and more even toned complexion.
- Improves Skin Texture – Whether you are using a store-bought scrub or a homemade facial scrub, one of the major benefits of including it in your routine is that it improves skin texture. By boosting the skin cell renewal process, your skin’s texture also begins to improve.
How To Choose The Best Scrub for Face
When looking for the best scrub for glowing face, you need to ensure that you look at the right formulation that suits your skin type and needs. Here’s what you need to know.
A face scrub for dry skin needs to be hydrating and gentle, as you wouldn’t want to compromise and damage your skin’s barrier even more. Look for creamy formulas that contain natural oils that help hydrate the skin and protect the barrier from getting stripped off its natural moisture.
Those with oily skin need to opt for a formula that balances out sebum levels, while removing excess oils. Go for mattifying formulas that gently help cleanse pores and remove impurities that cause breakouts, blackheads, and whiteheads.
Combination skin requires striking a balance! This means that the formula should hydrate the drier areas, while removing excess oil in the oilier areas. Look for ingredients such as aloe vera that help hydrate and nourish the skin.
Sensitive skin, again, requires a creamier and gentler formula that nourishes the skin while exfoliating it. Ingredients like shea and cocoa butter moisturise the skin, while removing dead skin cells.
Is A Scrub Good Or Bad For Your Face?
A face scrub is good for your skin, as it helps exfoliate dead skin cells, remove impurities from your pores, and brighten the skin. However, overusing a scrub can damage the skin’s barrier which can be bad for the skin. Therefore, exfoliation once or twice a week is enough.
Is It Ok To Use A Scrub Everyday?
No, it isn’t. Face scrubs can be slightly abrasive on the skin, and therefore using it every single day can compromise and damage your skin’s barrier.
How Can I Scrub My Face At Home?
Mix a little honey with ground oats and a drop of lemon juice. Gently massage the mixture into your skin and leave it on for 10 minutes. Rinse it off with warm water and apply a face moisturiser soon after.
When Should I Apply A Face Scrub?
It’s best to apply a face scrub in the night, so that your skin isn’t exposed to environmental damage and can use the night to recover and heal.
How Many Minutes Should I Scrub My Face?
Make sure you use a scrub for approximately 30 seconds to one minute. Massage the product into your skin and gently use your fingertips when doing so. Remember to use a moisturiser after.
The best face scrubs for glowing skin should always exfoliate dead skin cells, help remove dirt and impurities stuck in your pores, and nourish the skin. It leaves you with a glow that comes from within and allows your other skincare products to penetrate and absorb into your skin better. It’s the ultimate add-on to your skincare routine.
How to Use a Face Scrub – Wondering how to apply a facial scrub? Checkout this piece to know the step by step process including best product recommendations.
How to Exfoliate Your Skin – Exfoliating your skin is important. You must do it 1-2 times a week. Here’s the detailed guide for you on how to exfoliate your face to prevent acne and attain a glowing skin.
How to Know Your Skin Type – Want to know your skin type? We bring you 2 quick methods to determine your correct skin type. Checkout now.
Featured Image: Pexels