Glowing skin is a dream for each one of us. It’s a sign of healthy skin, good lifestyle habits and appeals to our natural beauty.
Wondering how to get glowing skin?
Well, good genes are not the only secret to glowing skin. You need to have a disciplined skincare routine or rather a minimal skincare routine to attain it. Glowing skin brings sheer confidence within you and allows you to feel your best!
Look to these home remedies and lifestyle changes that you need to make in your skincare routine to get naturally glowing skin.
18 Home Remedies for Glowing Skin
Let’s be honest. Glowing skin is not an overnight miracle. This is why one has to go by skin-friendly products, lifestyle changes and homemade tips for glowing skin. Read along to discover some of the interesting home remedies for a facial glow:
Coconut Oil and Lemon Juice
Coconut oil for skin acts as a natural emollient to deeply moisturise and improve its texture. The antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties of coconut oil helps soothe inflamed skin, treat acne, and pigmentation giving you a clear and even skin tone. Lemon juice is a rich source of antioxidants and Vitamin C that promotes naturally glowing skin. The combination of these ingredients is a clear skin home remedy for you.
- How to Apply: Take 1 tbsp of coconut oil in a bowl. Add 1 tbsp of lemon juice in it. Add a pinch of turmeric powder into the mixture. Apply it evenly to your face. After 15 minutes, wash it off with lukewarm water. Use this face mask for glowing skin once a week.
Sugar and Honey
Exfoliation of skin once a week helps you achieve a glowing skin complexion. Sugar and Honey make for a wonderful combination to exfoliate every skin type at home. Granular sugar works to exfoliate the dead skin cells while honey keeps your skin nourished and hydrated. It is a clear skin home remedy you can try.
- How to Apply: Take 1 tbsp of sugar in a small bowl. Add 1 tbsp of honey into it. Mixt it well. Use the mixture to scrub your face in small circular motions for about 2-3 minutes. Wash your face with cool water. Repeat the process once a week to get naturally glowing skin.
Aloe Vera and Cucumber Juice
Cucumber is rich in water content with soothing abilities to keep your skin nourished and enhance its inner glow. Aloe Vera benefits your skin as it is a natural humectant keeping it soft, supple, and hydrated. It also has antioxidants that replenish dull & dry skin texture caused by oxidative stress.
- How to Apply: Take 1 tbsp of pure aloe vera gel in a small bowl. Add 2-3 tbsp of fresh cucumber juice into it. Add 1 tbsp of yoghurt into it. Apply the face mask to your face and leave it for 15 minutes. Rinse off with cool water. Repeat the process 1-2 times a week.
Coffee and Honey
Coffee is enriched with antioxidants and exfoliating compounds. It cures skin dryness and enhances skin smoothness. Honey offers much needed hydration and nutrition to the skin to keep it healthy and glowing.
- How to Apply: Take 1 tbsp of coffee powder and 2 tbsp of honey into it. Stir it well into a mixture. Use it to massage and scrub your face for 2-3 minutes. Let it sit for 7-10 minutes and then rinse your face with lukewarm water.
Curd and Gram Flour
Gram flour is a key ingredient to lighten your skin complexion and extract excess oil. Curd is a natural exfoliator and moisturising compound to remove dullness and pigmentation. The combination of these two gems is one of the instant glow home remedies used for generations.
- How to Apply: Take 1 tbsp of gram flour and add 1 tbsp of curd in it. Stir it well to form a smooth paste. Apply the mask to your face. Let it sit for 15 minutes and then wash your face with lukewarm water.
Coffee and Yoghurt
Coffee is a naturally rich source of antioxidants that helps reduce oxidative stress on the skin and nourishes it with required nutrients. Yoghurt has the natural ability to stimulate skin-cell regenerative processes and give a natural face glow. Using coffee face masks for skin brightening is one of the instant glow home remedies.
- How to Apply: Take 1 tbsp of coffee powder in a small bowl. Add 1 tbsp of yoghurt and 1 tbsp of coconut oil to it. Mix it well to form a paste. Apply the mask evenly to your face. After 15 minutes, rinse off with cool water. Use it once a week.
Banana is rich in Vitamin c, antioxidants and minerals that help hydrate and moisturise your skin. The skin nutritive compounds help replenish dry skin and reduce wrinkles giving you natural skin radiance.
- How to Apply: Mash half a banana into a small bowl. Add a pinch of turmeric powder and 1 tbsp of honey into it. Mix it well. Apply the mixture to your face. After 15 minutes, wash it off with lukewarm water and pat-dry your face.
Oatmeal is the best clear skin home remedy to slough away dirt, and dead skin cells, and cleanse the skin. It helps soothe dry, itchy and inflamed skin. Using oatmeal, raw milk, and honey together intensely moisturise your skin and leaves a naturally glowing effect on the face.
- How to Apply: Take 1 tbsp of oatmeal and add 2 tbsp of raw milk into it. Add 1 tbsp of honey into the mixture. Stir well. Apply the mixture and scrub your face for 2-3 minutes. Rinse off with cool water.
Papaya and Turmeric
Papaya is an excellent skin exfoliator that removes dead skin cells and proffers required nourishment. Rich in beta-carotene and other nutritive compounds, papaya makes your face lighter in complexion and enhances the glow. Turmeric helps soothe skin inflammation and redness.
- How to Apply: Take 3-4 cubes of ripe papaya and mash it into a bowl. Add a pinch of turmeric powder to it. Mix it well. Apply and massage it into your face and leave it on for 15 minutes. Rinse your face with cool water. Repeat the process once a week for best results.
Green Tea is a rich source of antioxidants and skin purifying agents to remove dead skin cells on the face and give it a natural radiance. Using it with honey keeps your skin soft, supple and hydrated.
- How to Apply: Cut open the 2 green tea bags into a small bowl. Add 1 tbsp of honey into it and mix well. Apply the mask evenly on your face. Let it sit for 10-15 minutes. Rinse your face with cool water.
Olive Oil and Lemon Juice
Olive oil is an excellent moisturiser to heal patchy and dry skin texture. It helps balance sebum production in the skin giving it a rejuvenating feel. Lemon juice helps exfoliate your skin and cleanses clogged pores.
- How to Apply: Take 2 tbsp of Olive oil into a small bowl. Add 1 tbsp of lemon juice into it. Massage the mixture evenly on your face for 2 minutes and leave it for 10 minutes. Use a face wash to cleanse your face. Repeat the process once a week for best results.
Milk and Turmeric
Milk has deep moisturising properties to heal skin dryness and revive its inner glow. Turmeric has antibacterial properties to fight free radical damage on the face and even out skin tone. The combined effect of these two magical ingredients give you naturally glowing skin.
- How to Apply: Take 1-2 tbsp of raw milk and a pinch of turmeric powder into it. Mix it well. Apply and massage the mixture to your face for about 5 minutes. Rinse it off with lukewarm water. Repeat the process once a week for best results.
Baking Soda and Honey
Baking soda helps remove dead skin cells and soothe skin inflammation. Honey is naturally rich in antioxidant and moisturising properties that help smoothen out skin texture and enhance glow. Both of these ingredients work as an amazing face scrub.
- How to Apply: Take 2 tbsp of baking soda and add 1 tbsp of honey into it. Stir it well to form a skin brightening face scrub. Massage and exfoliate your face for 2 minutes. Rinse off with cool water. Repeat the process once a week for best results.
Brown Sugar and Lemon
Lemon juice contains vitamin c that helps to even out skin tone and shrink the size of pores. Brown sugar is rich in minerals and acts as a natural exfoliator to remove the dead skin cells and fade dark spots.
- How to Apply: Take 1 tbsp of brown sugar and add 1 tbsp of lemon juice into it. Use the mixture to scrub your face for 2-3 minutes. Rinse off with cool water. Use it to exfoliate once a week for desired results.
Almond and Honey
Almonds are rich in antioxidants and vitamins to keep your skin soft and nourished. Honey is a humectant for the skin to improve skin dullness and revitalise natural glow. The combination of these two powerful antioxidants and skin-nutritive compounds make your skin glow naturally.
- How to Apply: Soak 4-5 almonds overnight. Grind them into a coarse paste. Add 1 tbsp of honey to it and mix well. Use it as an almond face scrub and exfoliate your skin in small circular motions. Repeat the process once a week for desired results.
Neem face pack for skin has antibacterial and skin healing properties to replenish dullness, dryness and uneven skin tone. It also helps fade out dark spots and pigmentation. Lemon juice has natural exfoliating properties to dispose of all the dead skin cells and deliver a brightening effect on the face.
- How to Apply: Crush 10–15 neem leaves and add some water into it to form a smooth paste. Add a few drops of lemon juice into it. Apply a thick layer of neem face mask. Let it sit for 15-20 minutes. Rinse off your face with lukewarm water. Repeat the process once a week for desired results.
Multani Mitti and Rose Water
Multani mitti has the natural tendency to balance the sebum levels in the skin, fade out blemishes and pigmentation on the skin. Rose water has skin soothing properties and removes skin dullness and redness keeping it hydrated.
- How to Apply: Take 1 tbsp of multani mitti in a small bowl. Add a few drops of rose water into it. Apply the mask evenly to your face. Let it sit for 15 minutes until it becomes dry. Rinse it off with cool water. You can add fews drops of lemon juice if your skin is acne-prone. Repeat the process once a week.
Kiwi and Yoghurt
The combination of Kiwi fruit and Yoghurt works as a natural skin brightening face mask. Rich in Vitamin E, Kiwi helps perk up all the dead skin cells and remove build-up. Yoghurt has an antioxidative and detoxifying effect on the skin giving it a natural glow.
- How to Apply: Squeeze out a small amount of kiwi pulp into a bowl. Add 1 tbsp of yoghurt into it. Mix well and apply the mask to your face. Leave it on for 20 minutes. Rinse it off with cool water. Apply it once a week for best results.
Skincare Tips for Glowing Skin
Apart from using home remedies for glowing skin, here are the skincare tips for beautiful and glowing skin brought to you by from the dermat’s desk:
- Hydrate In and out: Grub on fruits, salads, and green veggies that keep your skin hydrated from within. Make sure you are drinking 3-4 litres of water in a day.
- Use moisturiser daily: Never miss out on applying a moisturiser in the day and night before bedtime. It promotes cell regeneration and shed away dead skin cells to enhance face glow.
- Eat healthy: Maintain a healthy diet to proffer required nutrients, vitamins and minerals to skin and promote naturally glowing skin within. Avoid eating processed foods or snacks.
- CTM Routine: Follow a CTM routine (Cleanse, Tone, & Moisturise) that takes overall care of your skin. This is one of the basic glowing skin tips you can do at home.
- Face Yoga: You can use different types of carrier oil with essential oils to massage with basic steps of face yoga to infuse blood flow in the face and attain a naturally glowing skin.
- Protect: Cover your face when you step out if possible. Air pollutants may clog your pores causing acne and dull skin.
- SPF: Use SPF 30+ not only when you step out but even while you’re indoors to protect your skin from free radical damage and sun exposure.
- Cleanse your face twice a day: Cleanse your face with a suitable face wash regularly to remove all the gunk and impurities on the surface of your skin.
- Exfoliate: Exfoliate your skin once a week to deeply cleanse the pores and prevent unwanted breakouts.
- Pamper your skin: Use a sheet mask on days off to relax yourself and pamper your skin with added hydration and nourishment.
- Use Ice Cubes: Rub your face with ice cubes covered with a clean muslin cloth every morning. You can gently dab the ice cube all over your face to calm the redness, inflammation and stimulate blood circulation to have a plump and radiant effect on the face.
- Gut-health: Many times skin conditions are related to your gut health. Take proper care of your gut and it will do the most for you to achieve a naturally glowing skin.
- Beauty Sleep: Watch your sleep patterns and take optimal sleep to support the cell regenerative process.
- Organic Skincare: Use plant-derived skincare products with skin-brightening ingredients and are free from harsh chemicals to make your skin glow naturally at home.
What foods make your face glow?
Foods that are rich in vitamin A, C and E are best attain a glowing skin complexion. For instance, carrot, avocados, walnuts, soybeans, citrus fruits, leafy veggies, green tea, and more.
Which fruit is best for skin glow?
Orange, Cucumber, and tomatoes are the best fruits to get naturally glowing skin.
What should we avoid for glowing skin?
Avoid smoking, alcohol, salty food, spicy food, and foods with high content of sugar, carbohydrates, and preservatives.
Which drink is good for skin whitening?
Consume drinks that are rich in vitamin C, enzymes and antioxidants that will help improve skin texture giving a natural radiance.
Next time you wonder how to make your skin glow? Try a few of these home remedies for glowing skin and indulge yourself into basic skincare tips. We promise you will never have a dull-skin day again!
If you’re one of the organic skincare enthusiasts, looking to try 100% pure & vegan skincare products, explore Organic Harvest face care range and pamper your skin with the best!