Who doesn’t love naturally pink and luscious lips? But let’s face the fact, the natural colour of lips depends on genetics and lifestyle habits.
If you’re looking for simple ways to get rid of dark lips, then you have landed at the right place. Read on to discover the most effective home remedies for dark lips.
Before we dive deep into it, let’s understand the underlying causes of dark lips.
What Causes Dark Lips?
The primary reason behind darkening lips is hyperpigmentation due to constant sun exposure, smoking (effects of nicotine), nutritional deficiency, moisture loss, and medical symptoms. These are some of the pivotal causes of lip pigmentation.
How to Lighten Dark Lips: 5 Natural Home Remedies for Dark Lips
Dark lips lower your confidence and make you feel less attractive. But not anymore. We have got you some exciting home remedies for black lips that can be very effective to lighten discoloured lips.
Coconut Oil for Dark Lips
One of the key benefits of coconut oil for skin is that it adds required moisture, increases blood flow and lightens pigmentation. This makes it an ideal lip-lightening home remedy.
- How to Use: Massage your lips with coconut oil every day before bedtime for 2 minutes. Leave it overnight. You will see visible results in a few weeks.
Aloe Vera for Dark Lips
Aloe vera is a natural humectant that keeps your lips hydrated while preventing moisture loss. Enriched with vitamin C, pure aloe vera gel helps lighten dark lips by inhibiting the process of melanin formation.
- How to Use: Mix aloe vera gel and lemon juice in small amounts. Apply and massage it to your lips. Let it dry and then rinse it off with warm water. Repeat the process 2-3 times a week for effective results.
Sugar Scrub for Dark Lips
Exfoliation is the key to getting rid of dead skin cells, tanning and pigmentation on lips. And what’s better than a sugar and honey lip scrub for dark lips? Honey is high in moisture content to keep your lips hydrated.
- How to Use: Mix some honey with a few sugar crystals. Use the mixture to scrub your lips in small-rounded motions. Exfoliate your lips once a week to get rid of dark lips.
Cucumber Juice for Dark Lips
Cucumber has skin soothing and cooling properties to restore the natural lip colour. It also helps prevent moisture loss from the lips and protects against the UV rays of the sun. This is a great home remedy to remove tan from lips.
- How to Use: Slice out a few cucumber pieces in the blender. Strain the juice in a small bowl and refrigerate it. Use a cotton ball to apply the cool cucumber juice to your lips. Let it dry for 20-25 minutes. Rinse off with cool water.
Ice Cubes for Dark Lips
One of the simplest ways to get rid of lip pigmentation is to massage ice cubes. It increases blood flow and keeps your lips satiated for hydration.
- How to Use: Take a small muslin cloth with an ice cube wrapped around it. Apply it gently in small dabbing motions. Repeat this process every morning in your daytime skincare routine.
Daily Lip Care Tips to Reduce Lip Pigmentation
Beside DIY remedies for dark lips, here are some of the simple tips to lighten dark lips over time:
- Make sure to use a moisturising lip balm on a daily basis. Ensure to reapply it multiple times in a day.
- Use sunblock if you’re in constant sun exposure. This helps prevent the harmful effects of UV rays of the sun causing hyperpigmentation.
- Make sure to exfoliate your lips at least once a week.
- Maintain a healthy diet incorporating fruits and vegetables that keeps your lips naturally plump and hydrated.
- Cover your face whenever you step out. This helps protect your lips from unwanted sun damage or hyperpigmentation.
Organic Harvest Recommended Lip Balm for Dark Lips
Organic Harvest has curated a special collection of best organic lip balms for dark lips. These lip balms have an intensely moisturising formula with lip-lightening properties. Here are more details about these lip balms for you:
Organic Rose Lip Butter
Organic Harvest Rose Lip Butter is enriched with the goodness of rose extracts. It protects your lips from sun exposure and offers long-lasting moisturisation. This lip balm is perfect for lips blackening due to smoking. Applying it gives a soft red tint to your lips.
Price: 199 INR
Buy Link: Click Here
3-in-1 Lip Balm for Dark Lips
Organic Harvest 3-in-1 lip balm adds a protective layer to your lips while keeping it moisturised and nourished for long hours. This organic lip balm for darkening lips comes in 3 colours: Red, Pink, and Nude. This is the best lip balm for dry and chapped lips that also remove tan from lips.
Price: 345 INR
Buy Link: Click Here
Lemon Lip Balm for Dark Lips
Organic Harvest Lemon Lip Balm is one of the first-ever organic lip balms in India with SPF formula. Enriched with the goodness of vitamin E and organic oils it keeps your lips soft, pink, and nourished. This organic lip balm with the benefits of sunscreen acts as a shield to protect your lips from sun exposure and prevent hyperpigmentation in lips.
Price: 199 INR
Buy Link: Click Here
How can I get rid of dark lips fast?
Take 1 tbsp of coconut oil and a few drops of lemon juice into it. Use this mixture to apply and massage into your lips. Leave it for 15 minutes and wipe it off with a damp face towel. You will see visible results in a few weeks.
Why are my lips so dark?
There are multiple reasons for black lips including lack of hydration, smoking, excessive sun exposure, medical factors, or even regular use of lipstick.
How can I permanently get rid of dark lips?
Yes, one of the best ways to lighten dark lips permanently is to use massage oils like almond oil or coconut oil to boost blood circulation and keep them moisturised for long.
Are dark lips normal?
One of the main causes of dark lips is increased melanin production due to constant sun exposure.
Which lip balms remove blackness?
Organic Harvest lip balms are available in a wide range including lemon lip balm, green tea lip balm, and rose lip butter lip balm is perfect to lighten dark lips.
Dark lips are annoying. No question about it. The good news is you can lighten your lips with simple home remedies.
Incorporate these home remedies for dark lips along with basic lip care tips in your skin care regimen and thank me later!