Let’s be honest — ageing is a natural process and is bound to happen over time and the signs of ageing start to show. Having said that, if the appearance of wrinkles is bothering you, there are numerous natural ways for wrinkle treatment at home.
Read on to know how to remove wrinkles from your face quickly.
What Causes Wrinkles?
There are many reasons behind the appearance of wrinkles on the face. Some of the major causes of wrinkles include:
- Sun damage: Constant exposure to the sun can result in reduced collagen levels, which is responsible for skin elasticity and firmness.
- Lifestyle choices: Smoking, unhealthy diet, and irregular sleep patterns can lead to premature ageing of the skin causing fine lines and creases.
- Facial muscle contractions: Excessive contractions of facial muscles result in frown lines or crow’s feet around eye corners due to loosened fat or reduced bone mass.
- Ageing: Natural process of ageing is one of the undeniable causes of wrinkles and fine lines. It usually happens post the age of 40 due to reduced collagen levels.
How To Remove Wrinkles From Face Quickly – 8 Home Remedies For Wrinkles
It’s time to indulge in some natural home remedies for wrinkles. Read on to know about some of the inexpensive ways in which you can get rid of wrinkles on your face at home:
Aloe Vera Gel
Pure aloe vera gel contains sterols which boost collagen and elastin levels in the skin giving you smoother and softer texture. It is effective in preventing any new signs of ageing from showing.
- How To Apply: Take a coin size amount of aloe vera gel between your palms and apply it all over your face and neck and leave it overnight. Use it every day before bedtime for desired results.
Banana is enriched with skin-loving nutrients including carotene, minerals, and vitamins A, C, and B complex. It fortifies the natural moisture barrier of the skin, keeping it intact while reducing wrinkles and fine lines.
- How To Apply: Mash 2-3 cubes of ripe banana into a fine paste. Apply it as a face mask and let it sit for 20 minutes. Rinse off with lukewarm water. Repeat the process twice a week.
Yoghurt & Turmeric Mask
Yoghurt contains lactic acid and natural enzymes which are effective to tighten enlarged pores while fighting off fine lines and wrinkles. It keeps your skin moisturised and nourished to keep dryness and dull skin at bay.
- How To Apply: Take 1 tbsp of yoghurt in a small bowl. Add a pinch of turmeric powder to it. Apply the mixture to your face. Let it sit for 15 minutes and rinse. Repeat the process 2-3 times a week.
Avocado & Honey Mask
Avocados are high in omega-3 fatty acids and fats which help increase elasticity and reduce the appearance of fine lines and creases. The natural antioxidants in honey aid in the prevention of wrinkles and rebuild the moisture barrier making it look youthful & radiant.
- How To Apply: Take 2-3 slices of avocado and mash it in a small bowl. Add 1 tbsp of honey to it. Apply and massage the mixture on your face. Leave it on for 10 minutes and rinse off with cool water. Repeat the process biweekly for noticeable results.
Almond Oil & Coconut Oil
Packed with a slew of nutrients, almond oil benefits for skin to prevent the onset of wrinkles and sagging skin. Coconut oil also has collagen-building abilities to repair fine lines and delay the process of ageing when used on a daily basis.
- How To Apply: Add 2-3 drops of almond oil to 1 tbsp of coconut oil in a small bowl. Apply and massage the mixture followed by some face yoga steps (upwards & outwards strokes). Use it every day before bedtime to reduce fine lines and wrinkles on the face.
Argan Oil & Jojoba Oil
Argan oil contains oodles of skin restorative nutrients including antioxidants, omega 3,6 and 9 fatty acids, and vitamins A, and E. It is a powerhouse of skin-firming compounds to keep up moisture levels, slow down ageing, and fight off wrinkles.
- How To Apply: Take 1 tbsp of jojoba oil and 2-3 drops of argan oil. Use the mixture to massage it across your face. Add it to your daily skincare routine for effective results.
Egg Whites & Vitamin E
Egg whites are rich sources of healthy fats which help smoothen fine lines, offer required nutrition to epidermal layers of your skin and diminish the appearance of wrinkles. Vitamin E contains antioxidants which protect your skin against free radical damage and boost blood circulation to prevent premature skin ageing.
- How To Apply: Beat an egg white into a small bowl. Add 1 tbsp of honey to it. Mix it well to form a face mask. Use a cotton ball to apply it evenly to your face. Allow it to sit and dry for 15 minutes and then wash it off with lukewarm water. Repeat this process once a week.
Lavender Oil & Olive Oil
Lavender oil is enriched with antioxidants and collagen-building nutrients. It is one of the best essential oils to be added to your anti-ageing skincare routine to defy early signs of ageing. Olive oil provides your skin with the benefits of vitamin E to protect it from sun damage and prevent wrinkle formation.
- How To Apply: Mix 1 tbsp of olive oil and 2-3 drops of lavender oil in a small bowl. Apply and massage the mixture to your face. Repeat this process 2-3 times a week to achieve the best results.
What Are Some Lifestyle Tips To Get Rid Of Wrinkles?
Here are some basic tips to get rid of wrinkles and fine lines:
- Drink plenty of water and make sure to keep your skin hydrated from within.
- Add citrus fruits enriched with the benefits of vitamin C for skin to attain younger-looking skin.
- Maintain a diet incorporating chia seeds, oatmeal, eggs, avocados, sweet potatoes, salmon, and walnuts to remove wrinkles naturally at home.
- You can add green tea to your daily skincare routine to reduce the appearance of wrinkles.
- Apply cream-based and oil-based skincare products followed by some face yoga steps.
- Use sheet masks to pamper your skin to boost collagen production and keep it satiated with moisture.
- Use jade rollers to massage and tone down facial muscle contractions to minimise wrinkle formation.
- Watch out for your sleep cycles and quit smoking, if you may.
How To Prevent Wrinkles?
The ideal way to prevent the onset of wrinkles is to follow an anti-ageing skincare routine. This means you will need to apply the best anti-ageing serum (vitamin C-infused) in your AM skincare routine and retinol (a form of vitamin A) in your PM skincare routine. Make sure to reapply sunscreen every 3-4 hours to protect your skin from sun damage that can result in photo-ageing. And most importantly, your skin reflects your gut health, so it’s important to work on your diet patterns to maintain younger-looking skin.
What are the areas of the skin prone to wrinkle formation?
Wrinkles are usually formed around the eye corners, forehead, mouth and neck areas.
Is toothpaste good for wrinkles?
Toothpaste contains fluoride which helps protect the natural moisture barrier of the skin and methanol to stimulate blood flow. Hence, it is also the cheapest home remedy for wrinkles on face.
What can I put on my face for wrinkles at night?
Massage coconut oil or any other organic face oils at night on your face. These oils work wonders in helping you remove wrinkles from the face quickly.
What foods erase wrinkles?
Superfoods which are high in antioxidants, minerals and vitamins A, C, & D are effective to remove wrinkles on the face quickly.
What can I drink to look younger?
Green tea is rich in antioxidants and minerals which have incredible anti-ageing benefits and provides protection against sun damage.
What is the difference between fine lines and wrinkles?
Fine lines are superficial on the face whereas wrinkles are deeper into your skin. Basically, fine lines when left untreated transforms into wrinkles.
Does moisturiser get rid of wrinkles?
Yes, moisturisers fortify the natural moisture barrier of the skin, restore skin elasticity and improve collagen production to diminish the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Next time you think about how to get rid of wrinkles — simply indulge yourself in these fool-proof wrinkle treatments at home and maybe even save on your visit to your dermatologist.
Fine lines and wrinkles take time to disappear. But if you’re consistent with these home remedies for wrinkles, you will be in awe of your healthy and wrinkle-free skin!